Sunday, March 3, 2013

2013 boston buildup 25k: race photos and results


despite a chilly start, we had pretty decent weather to run the 25k this morning.  there was a large turnout for the 4th and final buildup race of the 2013 season.  there was also a large contingent of runners from west point.

my 2:10:20 was about 8 minutes slower than my 2012 finish.  i had hoped to run 8 minute miles and come in with a 2:05, but when i had a hard time hitting 8 minutes in the first few miles, i dialed back my expectations and tried to string together 8:10s.  while that was doable for 10 miles, things got a bit slower for the next couple of mile (my 20k split actually matched my finish at the buildup 20k two weeks ago).  but even that 8:15 pace went by the boards during the last 3 miles.  a pair of 9 minute miles slowed my overall pace to 8:25 for the 25k distance.

still, given the low mileage i've logged this winter, i'll take it :D

here are the race results from clubct.








a few more photos posted on facebook.

No comments: